Friday, May 7, 2010

Chapter 12: A Tree

What does home mean to you? Mori describes home as "a place where we make a life for ourselves, where we feel a sense of purpose." (page 254). Do you agree? For me, home is where my friends and family are and any place or group where I feel that I am accepted and understood.

Mori also talked about how books and art bring her home, back to a familiar place. This got me thinking about the elements that I need to feel at home. The first thing that came to mind is a tree. I need to make friends with a tree, preferably one I can see from my house. I love to watch it bud and flower and change and lose its leaves over the course of a year. I also think a cat makes a home. I, like Mori, have many books who are old friends, who I can read over and over again. So you can think of me at home, snuggled up with my cat and a favorite book, watching the leaves fall from my favorite tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment