Friday, April 24, 2009

Chapter 9: Binkies everywhere

I did feel sorry for Bitsy in this chapter. The Binky Fairy Party did not work out according to her plans. She puts so much work into her ideas and schemes, but she seems perpetually dissatisfied and she is always wishing things were different. It's almost like she sets herself up for disappointment by trying too hard to create the perfect event.

3 comments:

  1. I think is very nice that Bitsy is so enthusiastic and creative about events, but I wish she could relax a little bit. Then, as you say, there would be less space for disappointment and more room for fun.
    I have the impression that the portrait of Bitsy at the beginning of the book was a happier one. Maybe is just that she had more energy when she only had one daughter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macarena - I love how you phrased it "less space for disappointment and more room for fun". Words to live by!

    They say that having two children is not only double the work of one child, but quadruple the work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of people using the Binky Fairy as a way of getting children to give up their binkies. Though, I'd never heard of such an extravagant way of incorporating the Binky Fairy! I had to start laughing when i read the description of the binky balloons taking flight.

    It is too bad that Bitsy can't relax and enjoy the simpler moments. Macarena is right - Bitsy needs to allow room for fun.

    ReplyDelete