Thank you to all of my faithful followers and contributors to this blog. I loved sharing and discussing this book with you. I will probably take a break for the summer, but I will let you know if I discover any great novels.
Do you have any suggestions for our next book?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank YOU Jennifer for introducing such a good book! I enjoyed the book, and more your blog and the book discussions. These help me understand a bit more about America's culture. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteAs I already said in a previous post, thank you Jennifer, and thanks also to Kathleen, Claudia and Carla for all the interesting comments and points of view.
ReplyDeleteI don’t have any recommendations because I actually look forward to reading the next wonderful book you will choose. One of the things that I have liked about this book club (if it can be called like that) is the fact that we read a book that I would not have chosen on my own. Just because it is a different style that what I usually read. And it has been great!
Have you ever read Host Family, by Mameve Medwed? It is set here in Cambridge. It's been a while since I read it, but I remember it as being very funny, and it gets at some of the issues of culture, family, etc.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the suggestion! I haven't read Host Family but will pick it up soon.
ReplyDelete